Time is very critical to fulfilling your purpose on earth. For instance, in the bible, Jesus and the apostle Paul talked about doing the will of God and to finish it. They were conscious of their purpose during their earthly walk and used their time to fulfill it. Be conscious of yours too while you still have time to accomplish your work.“Jesus said, my food is to do the pleasure of him who sent me and to make his work complete;
“I have fought long and hard for my Lord, and through it all, I have kept true to him. And now the time has come for me to stop fighting and rest” (2 Tim 4:7-TLB).
When you are not cognizant of the fact that life is transient, you may not live purposefully, or finish the work God has planned for you. It means time is essential to fulfilling your purpose on earth. Just as there is a time to be born, there is also a time to die. For the length of days you have to spend on earth, use your time wisely to fulfill your purpose and make a meaningful impact. When time is up, there will be no more room to make inputs, bless or contribute to a cause.
10 INSPIRING SCRIPTURES ON THE WISE USE OF TIME
1. “To everything, there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven” (Eccle 3:1-KJV).
2. “Take care then how you are living, not as unwise, but as wise; Making good use of the time, because the days are evil” (Eph 5:15-16-BBE).
3.“God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near” (Rev 1:3-NLT).
4. “Carrying out orders won't hurt you a bit; the wise person obeys promptly and accurately. Yes, there's a right time and way for everything, even though, unfortunately, we miss it for the most part” (Eccl 8:5-6-MSG).
5. “I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time” (Eccl 9:11-NLT).
6. “You would say, Four months from now is the time of the grain-cutting. Take a look, I say to you, at the fields; they are even now white for cutting. He who does the cutting now has his reward; he is getting together fruit for eternal life, so that he who did the planting and he who gets in the grain may have joy together” (John 4:35-36-BBE).
7. “All of us must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent me, for there is little time left before the night falls and all work comes to an end” (John 9:4-TLB).
8. Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should. (Ps 90:12-TLB).
9. “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered—how fleeting my life is. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath” (NLT- Ps 39:4, 5b).
10. “Whatever you do, do well, for in death, where you are going, there is no working or planning, or knowing, or understanding” (Eccl 9:10-TLB)
God bless you! Live purposefully