CAN CHILDREN UNDERSTAND THE WORD
Children can understand and grow in wisdom and the knowledge of God. Children are impressionable and can be easily influenced. Teach them the word of God, and when they are old, they will not depart from it. Some parents feel their kids are too young to understand biblical teachings, but children can learn about God and His word from a tender age. For instance, they start learning the alphabet, numbers, and nursery rhymes when they are toddlers, and they understand them. In the same way, they can learn the word of God, bible songs etc and understand them. What is important is presenting the lesson to the child skillfully and using methods suitable for their age.
HOW TO TEACH CHILDREN THE WORD OF GOD
1. Keep it simple: use simple words that are easy to understand to communicate the word of God to children.
2. Use colourful and relevant pictures: Pictures illustrate the bible story and improve the child’s understanding of the topic. Using pictures makes your work teaching your child easier.
3. Use imagery: let them use their imagination to explore the thoughts you are communicating. This will help them ask further questions on the topic/subject of discourse.
4. Videos and graphics: Videos are another relevant tool to teach children the word of God. As the child watches and is fascinated, you begin to chirp in the necessary information or message you want the child to know as you watch with the child. This tool is handy for parents or caregivers who do not know how to teach a child the word of God. Instead of leaving their bible education to chance, get collections of bible stories and other relevant resources the child can watch and learn. Watch the videos before showing your kids, so you can know the content. This way, you can discuss it with the child and not be disconnected when the child mentions a character or scene in the video. Watching them also helps you know if the content is good enough for your child’s consumption. Watch the videos with your kids, it is fun when you are part of their learning process.
5. Take them to children's Sunday school, kids' bible club, vocational bible school for kids, children's camp and other well-established centres/ministries that teach children the word of God. It will complement the work you are doing at home.
6. Install collections of interesting bible stories, cartoons, quizzes and games in their tabs and let them have a variety to watch and play with.
BENEFITS OF TEACHING CHILDREN THE WORD OF GOD
- They will know God and His ways.
- The word of God is a great tool that moulds their character and influences their habits, actions, decision making and even their association.
- You will have peace as a parent.
- You will be fulfilled as a Christian parent that you raised a godly child.
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment if you find this helpful